NOMINATION & APPLICATION QUESTIONS
Nominations are now closed
>>> DEADLINE TO NOMINATE July 20, 2018
>>> NOMINATION FORM
- Explain how the nominee is deeply committed to the SF arts and culture community (350 characters max / ~50 words)
- Explain how the nominee’s work embodies at least one of the Affinity Topics (1000 characters max / ~150 words) (Affinity Topics are Creative City, Culture Equity, Regenerative Practice, and/or Arts & Enterprise. See more about these at http://www.emergingsf.org/made/ebony-award/)
- Share one example of a project that reflects the impact of the nominee’s work and/or ideology around supporting the arts? (1000 characters max / ~150 words)
- What do you foresee being the nominee’s next step in terms of moving the field / community forward? * (1000 characters max / ~150 words)
>>> DEADLINE TO APPLY Sunday August 26, 11:59 PM PDT
>>> APPLICATION CHECKLIST
– Basic info
– Summary (100 words max.)
– Full description (700 words max.)
– Visual support materials
– Annotated list of visual support materials
– Letter of support (for those who self-nominated)
If you were nominated by a peer or self-nominated, you will receive a link to the online application.
To apply, follow your personal link. Outline the work that you do in the form of a brief summary and a full description. We highly recommend applicants draft your responses in a separate document and paste/upload when you are ready to submit. You cannot save your responses within the SurveyMonkey interface.
For SUMMARY (100 words max.), summarize who you are in a short paragraph. This should read as a narrative bio and will be used publicly in reference to the Ebony McKinney Arts Leadership awardees and nominees.
For FULL DESCRIPTION (700 words max.), please address the following:
- What form(s) does your work take? (e.g. administrator, educator, cultural organizer, curator, writer, philanthropist, advocate, etc.)
- Where does your work take place?** What specific communities do you serve? What is the significance or connection to that place/community? How does your work impact that place/community?
- Address your motivations for your work in the field.
- How does your work examine or activate at least one of the affinity topics? (listed at emergingsf.org/ebony-award)
- With this support, what impact could your work make in the field? How would funding impact your ability to continue this work.
** Because this award is funded by the San Francisco Arts Commission, awardees must show a strong commitment to San Francisco. If you are not a San Francisco resident, be sure to express how you are addressing critical issues facing San Francisco’s arts community and/or have a deep and meaningful commitment to San Francisco art and culture.
VISUAL SUPPORT MATERIALS: *ALL VISUAL SUPPORT MATERIALS SHOULD BE GATHERED AND SUBMITTED AS A SINGLE PDF.* Include up to two forms of support materials with your application.
- Up to 10 digital images – Combined as a single PDF file, one image per page (not to exceed 1200 x 1200 pixels). Each image file should be labeled with your name and a number that corresponds to an annotated image list (see below). For example, the first image submitted by applicant Jane Smith should be labeled Smith_Jane_01.
- Video: You may submit up to three works or three excerpts of works. We will view up to FIVE minutes of work in total. Please submit a list of URLs to Vimeo, Youtube, or a personal portfolio website as a PDF. If password protected, please include password in the annotated list
- Web-based Projects: submit a list of up to 3 URLs.
- Up to 5 Print materials (e.g. brochures, publications, books, etc.): Scan and submit as PDFs.
LETTER OF SUPPORT: (Only for those who self-nominated) Please upload a one-page (max) PDF letter of support from a colleague, collaborator, or community member that addresses one or more of the questions asked in the nomination round (below) and ensure that they provide context for your work together in the field.
- Explain how the nominee is deeply committed to the SF arts and culture community.
- Explain how the nominee’s work embodies at least one of the Affinity Topics: Affinity Topics are Creative City, Culture Equity, Regenerative Practice, and/or Arts & Enterprise. See more about these at http://www.emergingsf.org/made/ebony-award/
- Share one example of a project that reflects the impact of the nominee’s work and/or ideology around supporting the arts?
- What do you foresee being the nominee’s next step in terms of moving the field / community forward?