How can arts workers embody our whole being in our work and in our lives? What impact on our world do we make when we fully participate in community and civic engagement, and what impact on our industry do we have when we bring our whole selves—with all our interests and identities—to our work?
Join colleagues for an inspiring day of critical introspection, collective strategizing, and creative action at Emergence 2017: Whole Person, Whole Impact — presented by Emerging Arts Professionals San Francisco/Bay Area (EAP) and the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) — where we will explore the impact of bringing our whole selves into our work and out into our community.
Emergence 2017: Whole Person, Whole Impact
Sunday, May 21, 2017
10am – 5pm at the JCCSF
3200 California Street | San Francisco, CA 94118
Light breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided on-site
Emergence, the annual convening of the EAP network, provides a collaborative platform for Bay Area arts & culture workers to connect, share ideas, and elevate their work and voices. EAP is committed to curating Emergence as a participatory experience that encourages deep connections and inquiries that are omnidirectional through generations, career levels, business models, and disciplines. Our goal is for you to walk away with actionable next steps, as well as tangible tools and a strengthened network to support your work.
Emergence 2017 Highlights
- KEYNOTES: Oakland-based actor, poet, and cultural worker Lisa Evans and San Jose-based hip hop artist, educator, and community organizer Demone Carter will share and inspire through presentations that integrate their administrative leadership and their creative practices.
- Boss Arts Bitch: Synthesizing the Duality of Artist/Administrator Life, hosted by Kevin Seaman & Virgie Tovar
- Accessing the Creative Unconscious: Using Depth Psychology and the Process of Individuation to be a Whole Person, hosted by Barie Wolf-Bowen
- Making Civic Change: It’s easier (and harder) than you think!
- FAIL! How to successfully fail and change the world, hosted by Marline Zaibak
- The Arts in 2025, hosted by Gregory Stock, Design and Futures Strategist
- That Teaching Artist Life…Taking Action to Support Teaching Artist Sustainability, hosted by Dominique Enriquez (INVITATIONAL)
Plus, find out what this year’s EAP Fellows have been learning and creating, get advice about your project idea with Intersection for the Arts and Center for Cultural Innovation, catch your breath in the Self-Care Salon… and so much more!